02 September, 2008

Welcome Back To School!

Today was the first day returning to Flushing International High School. It was refreshing to see all of my returning students from last year, and exciting to meet my new 9th graders. Even though this is my third year teaching at this school, I have lots of new ideas for our projects this year. This fall, get ready to work on our own plant growth experiments, a few projects on healthy eating and living, and of course, the International Feast! I'm getting hungry just thinking about all of the delicious food we had last year.

Day one was exhausting though, so I'm off to bed to recharge my batteries for Day two! Good Night!

P.S. Interesting article in the New York Times Science Times today: a new video game that lets you play as evolving species. The new game, "Spore" lets you build new species according to the rules of evolution, and watch it change over the years. If he was alive today, Charles Darwin would buy a PS3.

No comments: